mandag 6. januar 2014

Plastic Surgery- Part 1

My blog has been pretty much dead for the past year due to reasons like being plain lazy. I decided to start writing some more entries because it might help someone who reads my blog or search about the topic. As many people already know South Korea is famous for plastic surgery, not only is it normal among koreans but Seoul also got a high rate in tourism linked to plastic surgery. As koreans belive beauty is linked to success Korea is now ranked 1st country in the world where people have undergone plastic surgery, moreover, the past few years more than 80,000 tourist have come to Korea only to change the way they look and feel about themself. 

Why do they choose Korea, a country far away to change their face or body? 
Because they are known to be the best, have good prices and make miracles. 




As seen above they can make small changes or pretty much change the whole person, whatever the personal choice might be. Just check youtube, you will be amazed.

Why do I want to write about plastic surgery?
As I said in the start of this entry I want to help those who needs more info about plastic surgery in Korea. I  know this is very taboo, and that many people are against every aspect of getting anything done to someones body. The case is that I myself will undergo a surgery next month in Seoul and I know its hard to find good and enough information. Its easy to find the photoes, but to find any info at all is not as easy. So I will make this part 1, where later I will post my experiences from surgery, recovery and so on.

My story
Most who want to do plastic surgery have a reason why they want to go under the knife, someone don't just wake up one day deciding to spend so much money and also do surgery without a good reason. My reason might not be good enough for everyone, but for me it will be something that is very important. 

It started when I was young, maybe 12 years old. I gained alot of weight, maybe it was bad choices of lifestyle, I seriously don't remember or know. But as time went by and at a age of 17, years of bullying and depression I decided to change my life for the better. I was finished being the ugly myself, finished having people calling me fat. The bullying was very bad through school, especially elementry school and junior high school. Being called fat everyday for so many years still hurts today when I look at myself in the mirror, it has scared me more than what people might think. Back to my age of 17. I started to eat healthy, work out everyday for atleast 2 hours. It took me from that age to my age now to loose alot of weight. Let photoes speak for itself =

Belt I used on a dress before, This photo is even taken long time ago, lost some weight after this photo also. But can see I got a muffin on my lower stomach, still got it even if my waist is smaller.

This is me, some years ago. I actually feel very ashamed when I see this photo. Even my boyfriend of one and a half year have not seen it, And this photo is not me on my biggest.


This is my most recent photo taken at New Years Eve. 
As all of you see I have lost alot of weight, I'm not fat or overweight anylonger. But there is one hidden body part I never show anyone. My belly. My belly is still big compared to rest of my body, It does not show on this photo under hold in underwear and my black dress, but my belly is what is left on my body to remind me of those days when I was big and bullied everyday. My dream is to wear sweaters without having my flabby belly under, or go to the beach to swim with my friends.  I have tried so hard to get rid of it, so many years with hard exercise and healthy food, nothing worked. So I decided to check my stomach at a plastic surgery clinic in Seoul after alot of research.

The right clinic for me
I searched the internet for a long time, maybe looking through 30 clinics in Seoul. For me safety always comes first so I decided to book an appointment at a known clinic, the oldest in Korea named
Pitangui Plastic Surgery for a free talk about my stomach. They did answer my mail the next day and I decided to drop by a week later. The clinic is located in same street as all the other famous clinics, the street of plastic surgery in Seoul. The clinic is beautiful on the inside, I did not expect it to be so pretty, I thought it would be more scary looking like a hospital, but I was wrong.



This is the first I saw as I entred the clinic. I went to the lobby and waitied to they called my name. It's very posh looking right?
When they called my name a korean english speaking female led me to a another room where I could wait for the doctor to come and speak with me.


I waited in this room for maybe 20 minutes for my doctor to be finished and ready for me while I drank some green tea. 

The same lady came back and told me to come with her to the second floor to wait for the doctor in one of the resting rooms while he was getting finished with another patient. 


I sat in a room looking like this for around 5 minutes when a new lady and, finally the doctor came to see me. I could ask any question I wanted to the doctor about the surgery and about my stomach. I had to take of my sweater to let the doctor take a closer look at my problem area. He asked if I had lost alot of weight. I said yes, and he said he could see how I had done a good job loosing weight and that rest of my stomach would be impossible for me to get rid of by myself. That explains why after all this hard work still have a flabby big stomach not matching the rest of my new body. After asking him all I needed to know I said my thanks and goodbye to him and the new korean lady said we could go down to her office to talk more.

We went down again to the first floor into her office. The office was super nice also. I had the chance to sit in a fncy chair looking at a screen taking the whole wall to look at before and after photoes. After we just had some small talk when she found out I'm from Norway. Because she have studied in Europe she was talkative about her experiences abroad. She have also done liposuction , and let me ask about her experiences with the doctor and the recovery time after surgery.  We also discussed prices and because I'm a student in Korea she knows I'm not rich, so she decided to give me a discount which is means alot for a poor student like me!  
It took 1 hour at the clinic with waiting, meeting the doctor, look at photoes and so on, and it was all free. 

Now after thinking alot about my options and thinking about my painful years and weight problem I have paid deposit and gotten appointment next month. I know it will be alot of pain, but I know what I have been through have been more painfull. 

Tips for others
For those who want to come here and do as me, please do research first. Many places are selling plastic surgery trips to Korea cheaply, but cheap don't mean its the best option.  Check many clinics, make sure to speak with the doctors first and ask all questions you need to know.  Remember its free to talk with the clinics, so don't just book online. Waitinglist in not longer than 2 weeks for surgery, so if possible go there first before booking.

And if anyone got questions feel free to ask, I would have liked to asked someone also if I could. I know its taboo. Thats why I keep it a secret in real life, because I know people will make mean comments without knowing my story or reason behind it. 

And lastly, I will update more later about my experience.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Good luck Marita!
    You have done so incredibly well and I hope the result of your surgery will be everything you could dream of!
    This was a very informing post, thank you for that, and I think you're very brave that actually dares to go under the knife to reach your dreams! Best of luck!

    SvarSlett
  2. Thank you <3 Your comment means alot to me! Many people say I've been toooo long in Korea with this mindset of doing this X.x

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks for sharing your story! It's really brave to talk about things like this in public and this info has definitely helped me. I'm planning to head to Korea in August for Surgery and Pitangui is one of the two clinics at the top of my list.

    Looking forward to reading part 2!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. No problem! I'm happy to helping! Its hard to find detailed reviews =/ What kinda surgery do you want? ^^ If any questions, feel free to ask :D

      Slett
  4. Wow, that’s one dramatic transformation! So that’s what extreme surgeries can do? Well, I think it’s no longer as taboo as once it was. More people are becoming open to the idea of going under the knife just to look better. And why not, right? If it will help you feel better about yourself, then the risk is worth it. Candance, CosMed

    SvarSlett