torsdag 13. mars 2014

Diet experience in Korea

I guess most females, or maybe not most, but some females in my age don't feel confident in their body and wan't to loose some weight through dieting. I'm also one of those females. As you have read in my previous enteries in my blog I did liposuction a month ago to get rid of my flabby belly. But before I did liposuction I tried my best to loose weight in Korea. 

I have read many places that many foreigners coming to Korea loose weight of eating korean food. Well, I gained weight when I came to Korea. As a student in a korean university It's hard to find food on camus that don't contain alot of carbs. 90% of the food contain mostly rice, or ramyeon or something that is not good for dieting. Back in Norway I tried to avoid carbs as much as possible. But here at least during lunchtime its not so easy. I mostly try packing my own lunch with me, but sometimes I forget. 

Also. I'm living together with my boyfriend, which means I eat dinner with another person. It's so much easier eating non-healthy things when not eating alone. 

Well. I know this is not good excuses for not eating healthy. But I have tried and also I did exercise many times a week. Even when loosing weight through exercise I could not loose my stomach weight, which was so annoying. So I decided to try out korean diet program. I found a page on facebook for a diet clinic here in Seoul and I decided why not try it. 

I made an appointment at the clinic to speak with the doctor and to weight myself. The clinic itself was very modern and pretty. They also have had some famous people who have done diet there. So I felt confident this clinic could help me loose weight fast and safe. It's also known for foreigners when the doctor and staff can speak well english.

The doctor checked my weight and problem areas and told me I should loose 15 kg. To be honest I'm not really sure if I did need to loose 15 kg to become normal weight. My BMI was already on normal weight and I was not fat to start with, maybe curvy but not fat except my stomach. But I did agree to start the diet program, desperate for a slimmer body and the bikini body I have never had.

The program made me drink 3 herb medicines 3 times a day. Before breakfast, lunch and dinner. And also before going to bed at night take some pills. The herb drinks tasted aweful. First day I drank my medicine was at school during lunch. I had to drink a whole big bottle of water to be able to swallow it. It made me feel sick. My friend asked me if I were okay because my face looked blue. I said I did fine, but had to go to the bathroom to pee. I did not pee. I vomited for 10 minutes and my whole body was shaking after for one hour. Feeling sick after drinking my medicines lasted for some weeks up to one month before it got better. I decided to not give up this diet easilly. The pills I took before sleeping is a whole other story. Belive me when I say, these pills are a killer. The pills gave me bad stomach cramps. I had to breath through pain at school and run to the toilet because I had diarrhea. I had these problems every day, for the whole time I did this diet. Except from the pills and drinking herbs I of course had to eat only healthy and not alot. My dinner was around 200 calories, which is not healthy at all and most things I was not allowed to eat. Even things I've learned are healthy like fruit or fish was a hugh no-no. I also exercised everyday or every second day. 

I did this diet for around 5 months, and I spent alot of money and pain to loose weight this way. But when you are in Korea, wanting to diet or loosing weight in a bad way is the normal way. I remembed I told my boyfriend I did not loose weight enough as I wanted. He just told me to quit eating. I already ate only 600 calories a day plus exercise.  He told me not eating is how korean female does it, so I can do it to. And having eating problems here are not eating problems, it's successful diet.

I would not to this diet again, and I would not tell other people about where to do this diet. I lost alot of weight all together. But thinking back on how sick I felt for 5 months, how much my stomach was hurting, the cramps was so bad, having to be careful not to go anywhere without a toilet, hard to meet friends, count every calorie, being told by doctors I did not try hard enough even if I almost did not eat and sick everyday. No way. This would be madness back home in my country, no doctor would let normal weight people do this diet. But me, having struggled with my weight for many years it's easy to listen to whatever people say, at least doctors.

Oh one fun story, or maybe not fun, but embarresing maybe. I went to my boyfriends hometown to go to his parents house during while I was on a diet. Beforehand I was of course nervous how I could not feel shy to use their bathrooms or whatever. During dinner with his whole family, my boyfriend started to explain my diet for them. And how I had diarrhea everyday, that I always had to go bathroom and so on. Great subject for dinner with parents-in-law you don't know well right? and of course they all talked about my toilet problem like it was the most normal thing in the universe. Its so funny because koreans are shy sometimes when it comes to body functions, like talking about female stuff like periods or what not. But talking about toilet problems its totally ok.

These days , even if I did liposuction to my stomach, I still trying to loose a little weight. But I'm doing it by myself, and I'm being healthy. I exercise, eat healthy and normally like other people do (expect those korean females my boyfriend was talking about). 

I got my own pretty exercise bike. Hello Kitty bike which I bought on Gmarket. It super cute and just the design of it makes me wanna use it all the time, moreover it was not expensive at all, like 100,000 won! I also make my own food, not going out too much and I try to eat lunch at home and not on school if I don't have too.


One extra bonus photo. Only in Korea= Diet water. Yes, diet water. Low calorie water. I mean, don't  people know that water contains no calorie? if not, I guess I'm not the one being bad at dieting.

5 kommentarer:

  1. Thanx for the information useful one. Great blog for health and fitness surely going to help those who really wants to lose their excess weight.Thanks for contributing such a fantastic post.

    SvarSlett
  2. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours..liposuction korea

    SvarSlett
  3. I have been reminding myself everyday to restrict my diet but the effort proves to be futile. http://www.wheretobuygarciniacambogia.biz/ - where can i buy garcinia cambogia extract

    SvarSlett
  4. Good tips on losing weight. Gym and other workout for losing weight is good because it can reduce weight and also make your body healthy. Find more discussion on losing weight at www.QuestionSignal.com.

    SvarSlett